Saturday 19 September 2009

SEPTEMBER '09 UPDATE

One Week away from my Photo Shoot and training has gone well, I'm feeling good and really looking forward to it. 
It is my first professional shoot after all!
This month I have made a few adjustments to my training program; 
MONDAY - Chest and Triceps- AM
TUESDAY- Cardio- AM  Legs and Abs- PM
WEDNESDAY - Rest Day
THURSDAY - Back and Biceps PM
FRIDAY - Cardio AM  Legs and Abs PM
SATURDAY - Shoulders and Chest
SUNDAY - Rest Day
I only ever used to do legs once a week and really tried to avoid it to be honest, but after noticing I was getting top heavy I decided to take my LEG training serious and broke it into Quads/Hamstrings & Quads/Calfs over two different days. I feel and look better for it but its still early days so I plan on spending the winter season really building some good size in my legs.
ABS!! A big deal for me, however I only train them 2-3 times a week but after researching some of the training routines used by Professional Bodybuilders and Fitness Models, I decided to 'up my game'
I only ever used to perform 2-3x20 reps of each exercise but that has now increased to 3x40-50 reps and also supersetting and trisets, always covering upper, lower, obliques and lower back.
Really feel the burn with these sets and I am finding out what part of my abs are stronger than others which is helping me push myself more in certain areas to catch up and get a bit closer towards having competition quality abs.
The change in Nutrition has been the use of CARB CYCLING.
I burn alot of body fat on my low carb days basically because of the low calorie intake. I now include Cardio before breakfast which also helps. I mix my high carb days on resistance training days throughout the week, so not only am i full of energy for the session but i also replace lost carbs from my low days. My metabolism is always working using this method and it is working for me so far, however you may want to research the method a bit more before deciding if it will actually work for you.
Maximuscle Cyclone shake twice a day between meals, mostly for convenience, however the
Still using BCAA's as my post training method but I am constantly researching recovery methods and may try something different through the winter season.
I am looking to put on some serious size this winter in preparation for the comps next year and will be changing my diet again to aid this but for now I got to stay lean until the photos are finished.
Pictures from my shoot will be posted some point next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment