Friday 11 September 2009

HOW IT ALL BEGAN...


My name is Jay Benedetti. I am a 25 year old Carpenter from Bournemouth.
I live with my Partner Natalie who is a Personal Trainer and World Champion Kickboxer.
I have been a Kickboxer all my life and only recently learnt I need an operation on my knee, which has pretty much put a stop to my career in the ring. It also put me off training completely; I cancelled my gym membership and began comfort eating.
I used to compete at -74kg and when I stopped I went up to 80+kg and unfit with it. 
My confidence was knocked and I felt my partner losing interest in me physically, I mean she is around fit, healthy guys all the time.
IT HAD TO CHANGE!
She introduced me to her friend and fellow Personal Trainer, Jamie Vandersteen. Jamie has given me great advice throughout and initially helped me with my Resistance Training. 
We agreed that I could still use the gym and train around my injury but I needed a goal.
I came across the Maximuscle competition in April, Jamie had a look at the previous winners and we decided to go for it.

1 comment: